1. The Embassy of Pakistan, Tokyo offers internship positions for undergraduates and graduate students enrolled in Japanese Colleges and Universities as well as for fresh out University graduates still exploring career options.
Round the Year Internships
2. The internship positions are also available on voluntary basis and without remuneration for fresh out of school graduates from Japanese Colleges/Universities seeking work experience before formally starting a career. The internship program is a year round rolling recruitment process. Most interns come into the Embassy while continuing their University studies. Eligible candidates can join in at any given month including the summer vacations. We are particularly interested in candidates with academic qualifications in disciplines relating specifically to the international relations, political science, human rights and legal issues.
The interns work within the following areas of expertise
3. The interns will assist the Embassy in several areas – research and report writing on various issues will be required. The assignments include: Economic and Political Affairs; Media and Communications; History of Issues, educational outreach with Universities and Schools.
4. The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students at Japanese colleges and universities. We cannot accept applications from outside of Japan. We especially welcome students who wish to learn and help further understanding between Pakistan and Japan. We are looking for individuals with the following background:-
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Leadership abilities.
- Maturity and ability of work independently.
- An interest in pursuing a career in international affairs and organizations, diplomacy, politics and law.
- Knowledge of URDU language is an asset
5. Internship positions are best suited for applicants with interest in the following fields
- Pakistan-Japan relations
- Political Science, International Affairs, History
- Journalism, Economics, Law
6. Application requirements
- A resume
- Latest academic record
- Two letters of recommendation (academic/employment)
- Good command of the English language (spoken and written)
- Current photograph
(students are encouraged to apply for academic credits from their Universities for the internship programme with the Mission)
7. Application may be sent by letter, fax or email to:
Office of the Ambassador,
Embassy of Pakistan,
4-6-17, Minami Azabu, Minato-Ku,
Tel: 03-5421-3600, 03-5789-0258, 03-5421-7741(Ext-21)